Site Map for SlashColeman.com
Welcome to the official website of Slash Coleman, award-winning storyteller, author of The Bohemian Love Diaries, blogger for
Psychology Today, advice columist at howdoidate.com as Ask Uncle Slash, and writer, prodcuer of PBS Special The Neon Man and
BOHEMIAN BOOK - #BohoXO
Information about "The Bohemian Love Dairies" memoir by author and award-winning storyteller Slash Coleman. Published by
Lyons Press July 2013. ISBN-10: 0762786981
Synopsis: Infused with southern charm, this irresistibly weird and wonderful story chronicles Slash Coleman’s upbringing in a
warped but warm-hearted household of eccentric artists. Descended from a posse of off-beat immigrants--including a grandfather
who danced at the Moulin Rouge--and raised near the capital of the Confederacy during the 1970s and ’80s, young Slash sets out to
find true love. Unfortunately, he’s his own worst enemy. Obsessions with Evel Knievel, rock band KISS, and crisscrossing the country
to find the girl of his dreams set his quest for happiness on a hapless course. Hilarious and profound, Coleman slowly comes to
terms with his father, a genius sculptor and volatile alcoholic, and his mother, a Holocaust survivor who makes him promise never to
reveal that he’s Jewish. A touching portrait emerges of a young artist whose passionate spirit refuses to be suppressed. A swift kick
to the funny bone, The Bohemian Love Diaries and its laugh-out-loud perversity conjure Jonathan Ames and Augusten Burroughs
with a tender edge, revealing what might have happened if John Hodgman raised Holden Caulfield in Chuck Palahniuk’s attic. It will
leave you howling.
Slash Coleman The Bohemian Love Diaries Book Signing Book Launch and Love Panel July 16 6:00pm The Gallery at LPR 158
Bleecker Street, NYC.
Includes links to:
- Bohemian Sketches: Drawings pulled from Slash Coleman's art world that convey in a graphic novel style the first chapter of
The Bohemian Love Dairies
- Photos of My Bohemian Past: Photos of Slash Coleman and his family depicting characters from the memoir The Bohemian
- A Peak Inside the Book: A glimpse inside the memoir by Slash Coleman of Chapter 1.
- Questions for Book Club Members: Eighteen questions written by author Slash Coleman meant to help book club members
move deeper into the memoir The Bohemian Love Diaries.
#BOHOXO Bohemian Love Challenge Video Contest:
A video contest with a $1,000 grand prize for making a video of Film the story of getting together with an ex (boyfriend, girlfriend, wife,
husband, lover, domestic partner, dog, cat, fish) with the intention of extending a karmic olive branch. To be posted on Youtube.
Classes, Workshops & Keynotes
- Healing Community: A class meant to provide students in grades 6-12 and adults a safe space in which to explore their
feelings about loss, tragedy and violence. As a result, growth can take place in the areas of personal and academic
achievement, self-image, and self-confidence.
- Super Hero Training for Boys: A class meant to help pre-teen and teen boys improve their personal and academic
achievements and counter bullying, anger, eating disorders, violence, substance abuse, anger, delinquency, and suicide
- Storytelling 101: Storytelling 101 is the perfect course to get you started. Learn the art of storytelling with award-winning PBS
storyteller Slash Coleman. Taking you through the storytelling process from beginning to end, you'll leave this hands-on
- Make More Money with Your Art: Featured on the NPR series 'how Artists Make Money," this 2 part marketing and business
class for artists is meant to help creatives of all mediums earn a sustainable income as professional artists. Meant for:
writers, designers, architects, film makers, videographers, storytellers, photographers, actors, sculptors, actresses,
performers, dancers, painters, visual artists, craftspeople, furniture makers, choreographers, etc.
- Creative Consulting: Whether you need just one session, are looking for support through a specific project or require help on
an regular basis, Slash will provide you with a better understanding of yourself, of your relationship to your work, and of your
place in the world. With a strong focus on developing new skills and tools, individual and group consulting services are
customizable to suit your needs in the areas of: Social Media, Press, PR, Publicity, Marketing Strategy, Branding, and Website
Includes the following four videos of author and storyteller Slash Coleman:
- Slash Coleman Texx TEDTalk Mill River "A Moment in Rice"
- Slash Coleman Performance College Demo
- The Neon Man and Me Slash Coleman Demo Video
- Interview with Slash Coleman on Virginia This Morning on CBS
- Includes national tour dates for all NYC New York City author, storyteller Slash Coleman classes, productions, storytelling
concerts, theatre events, fringe festivals, art festivals, and workshops.
Includes media links to the following local and national news coverage of Slash Coleman:
NPR, American Theatre Magazine, American Public Media with Dick Gordon, Backstage magazine, Skirt magazine, Style Weekly,
WRVA, All About Kids Magazine, The New York Times, San Francisco Weekly, The Roanoke Times, Boulder Weekly, WRIR,
Richmond.com, Richmond Times Dispatch, Provincetown banner, Brick Weekly, Theatre Bay Area Magazine, Radford University
Magazine, The Franklin News Post, MN.org, Richmond Magazine, RVA Magazine, CBS News, Urge Magazine, The Commonwealth
- Slash Coleman is the author of "The Bohemian Love Dairies," and an award-winning storyteller who is best known for his
PBS special and Off-Broadway one man show, “The Neon Man and Me." Slash Coleman, has also been featured as an
Exchange Place Teller at the 2009 National Storytelling Festival, the 2008 Oral History Performance Conference at Columbia
University. He is a Generation X teller who's stories focus on growing up Jewish in the south. Winner of the 2012 United Solo
Award for Best Drama, he currently lives in New York City where he writes for stage, film and television. Information about
Slash Coleman's Shows, Storytelling Concerts, Theatre Productions, Workshops, Classes, and Emcee and Keynote
- The Neon Man and Me: 7 stories about friendship, 3 original songs and 30 characters who tell an inspiring and uplifting tale
about best friends that explores family, following your heart, and a journey home. Featured Off-Broadway and now a PBS
- Narrow Bridge: A profound storytelling experience that reaches to the core of Jewish identity and Jewish life as told by the
sons of two Holocaust survivors from two different generations - Slash Coleman and Eliezer Sobel (award-winning author of
Minyan, Wild Heart Journal and The 99th Monkey). Opened in 2009 in Richmond, VA at Yom Ha Shoah. It's the perfect
program for Jewish Community Centers (JCC), Hillel organizations on the college campus, and a great addition to your
community synagogue program schedule.
- GARY SHTEYNGART, New York Times–bestselling author of Super Sad True Love Story, MISHNA WOLFF,
bestselling author of I'm Down, OPHIRA EISENBERG, host of NPR's Ask Me Another and author of Screw
Everyone, MARA ALTMAN, author of Thanks for Coming, Backstage Magazine, Washington Post,
TheatreOnline.com, Willamette Week, Portland Mercury, NYTheatre.com, StageBuzz.com, The Vanguard,
The Happiest Medium
Includes Slash Coleman's e-mail address, phone number, address in New York City.
The blog of author, storyteller, blogger Slash Coleman. The Bohemian Love Dairies on Psychology Today about relationships, dating,
couples, singles, men and women.